Saturday, October 9, 2010

Waiting for the ball to drop


This is my feeling right now about Zach's situation. It is a hard place to be. Sometimes I find myself throwing a pity party for one, but then I take a deep breath and remind myself that God is in control and I am not. Then I have to remind myself that this is a good thing!

Zach had his 2 month check-up at the pedritrician's office Friday and everything is looking pretty good. We really haven't seen a whole lot of social smiling yet, so we are hoping to start seeing that soon.

Craig and I have also started to notice that Zach's coloring is starting to change slightly. This is to be expected with his heart condition, and is one of the signs that intervention will need to happen sooner than later. We meet with the cardiologist next on the 20th. We are trying to prepare ourselves emotionally for the big decisions that we expect will need to be made regarding Zach's care at that time. *big sigh*

Right now in the quietness of nap time it all doesn't seem real that this is my life. But then the doctor's appointments start up again. And I realize that it is easier to run from appointment to appointment than to sit down and think through what is best for Zach long term.

1 comment:

  1. Your raw honesty is so hard to read, but thank you for continuing to share, so we know how to keep praying. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete