Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Excitement in June


Adoption update - Our month of June started with receiving our federal paperwork that we had been waiting for, earlier than expected.  We should now be able to file our dossier with China within the next week or 2!  Only God knows the timing of all this but my dad has been praying that we would travel to China in October.  (No particular reason he picked October that I am aware of.  He just likes to pray specifically and then watch God work!)

We have been using our waiting time well.  We took a week and flew to the west coast of Canada for a family reunion of sorts.  We hadn't been back to see everyone in about 3 years, so it was time!  We had a wonderful time.  I was worried about how Aaron would do with all of the traveling and I am so happy to say that he did fabulously!  I would say that the toughest part was the time change.  4 AM is not an acceptable wake up time!


Aaron with his headphones listening to his music all ready to go on the BIG plane.   



Evidently, smiling is a little too much work.  



My dad's side of the family, some of whom I have not seen in probably decades or had never met before.  It was so good to see everyone!



I loved spending time with my grandma, who is fabulously 96 years young!  Go Grandma!



A trip out west would not be complete without of trip the De Dutch, or as we like to call it, Pannekoeken house!  Yum!



Petting the goats at the farm.  No worries, Aaron, I was a little afraid of them too!



Petting the starfish at the Vancouver Aquarium, so fun!



Pacific Ocean!  Yeah, no where near warm enough to swim!



Hiking up the mountain to Bridal Falls with Pake, so beautiful!

Well, we hope our next big trip to be to China!  We will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment