Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Another doctor appointment


Last week on Monday we learned that Zach has mild to moderate hearing loss in his left ear, but his right ear is normal. This seems like such a minor thing compared to Zach's other issues.

On Wednesday, we went to the pediatrician for his one month check up and Zach weighed in at a hefty 7 lbs. 2 ozs! Way to grow, my little man! That puts us officially at the 3rd percentile on the growth charts! The pediatrician was concerned, though, about a click in his hip, so just when I thought we were already seeing as many medical professionals as possible, we are now meeting with the orthopedist. We will be getting an ultrasound of the hip on Monday to see if Zach will need to be fitted with a brace to make sure that his hip is growing correctly.

Just yesterday we had our first time with Physical Therapy. Zach has a tendency to favor leaning his head in one direction when laying down, so we worked on what to do to stretch his neck out. We also are focusing on reducing his back arching.

I look at my calendar for next week and I have an appointment with Zach every day next week! It feels like I am always running with Zach from one appointment to the next...this is my life now, and I need to remind myself that these times are good times to get to know Zach better. It does get tiring, though, when I just want to stay home.

2 comments:

  1. I totally understand - we found out yesterday that we have to add another clinic to our list and go there every 2 weeks for 4 months. So - I know what you're experiencing. Hang in there! Praying for you all.
    Love - Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Steph. My heart aches for you. You are a wonderful mommy for Aaron and Zach. We are continuing to pray for you daily.

    ReplyDelete