Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Hard to hear...


Zach only gained 2 ounces in the past 6 days. That is less than 1/3 of what he is supposed to gain. The nurse tried to prepare me for the likelihood that an NG tube (feeding tube that goes through the nose into the stomach) will need to be placed. I think sometimes I try to pretend that Zach is "normal". This definitely shatters that. Right now feedings are taking about an hour each time. This is hard on me and Aaron, who unfortunately is watching way more TV than I would like. With the tube in place, feeding time would be cut down considerably. Zach will also be getting the calories that he so desperately needs. Even knowing all this, it is still hard...

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry the news was not what we were hoping for. Praying for you and Craig as you face vital decisions about Zach's care. I know you will make the right choices for your precious little one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Steph - I am so sorry to hear about Zach and his feeding issues. I know the stress and all the emotions - the anger and yet the willingness to do anything that helps! We pray for you all often. Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete