Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Let the Praises Ring!

For the past month I had noticed sadly that Zach wasn't smiling at all anymore. I know that the sadness I felt over this was grieving the potential that he might never smile again.

Thank you, Lord, my happy baby is back! The new seizure med is finally working after one increase in the dose; we haven't noticed any seizures since Saturday. The Valium is out of his system, and he is so chatty and interactive. A few weeks ago, he didn't even have the energy to suck on his pacifier. It is amazing the difference in just a few short days.

We went to the cardiologist on Friday, and for some reason I was expecting him to be upset with us over this medication. Instead, he began to chuckle to himself and then made reference to God having a hand in Zach's cocktail of daily medications. He then explained to us that one of the side effects of the Acthar medication is high blood pressure. Zach's heart actually works MORE efficiently with a higher blood pressure! And Zach's skin has been a challenge for us to maintain as he has had pretty severe eczema, but now his skin would be the envy of people the world over. It is so beautiful! (We have been warned, though, that severe acne is probably going to be coming. We'll enjoy his gorgeous skin as long as we get it!) When a doctor has to give credit to God, I can do nothing but "Let the Praises Ring!" (This has been one of Aaron's favorite songs recently, and he will randomly yell out these words. I'm sure as I reminder to me!)

2 comments:

  1. Let the praises ring, indeed! =) I can't wait to share this good report with our choir at rehearsal tonight. We have been praying fervently for Zach! Thank you, Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful news! So happy to hear of this blessing! Praise the Lord!!!

    ReplyDelete