Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Hearing Jesus Speak

I recently read something that really resonated with me as I think about Zachary's life. This excerpt is from "Hearing Jesus Speak into Your Sorrow" by Nancy Guthrie.

What we really are in search of is not an explanation but sense of meaning. We want to know that there is some meaning and purpose in our losses-that they are not random or worthless. We want to see the ways God is using our loss for good.

  1. Looking back at Zach’s life, I need to know that there was a purpose in his life. I need to know that he made a difference. I am coming to realize that I cannot sit here hoping that Zach impacted someone else’s life. I can only control me. So what am I going to do with the lessons the Lord taught me through Zach’s life? I pray as Moses did, Lord give permanence to the work of my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment