Thursday, August 5, 2010

Comic Relief

I'm learning how big an influence we as parents have in Zachary's care.

Example 1: Zach has had a feeding tube in his nose as a back up if he wouldn't take his feeds orally. On Tuesday, the nurses kept asking me when I would be willing to give up the his safety net of the NG tube. I had no idea that they were waiting on my go ahead to remove the tube!

Example 2: Yesterday, one of Zach's neonatologists came in Zach's room and asked us, "Why did you order a vision screening on Zachary!" What!? I mean I know Craig and I were shown Zach's brain MRI, so clearly we should have known better! We couldn't help but smile... if Craig and I had only known that we could write orders for Zach's care!

We have been really impressed by Zach's care here in the NICU and are enjoying those funny miscommunications that will happen with such a large team working together for Zachary's care.

No comments:

Post a Comment