Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A Hope to Remember

Dear Zachary,

You are truly a beautiful baby boy. Daddy's soul is a little downcast, and he feels discouraged at the news of your health these past few days. But, Daddy loves you so much for who you are ... a true gift from God! Thank you for reminding Daddy to meditate on the Psalms for comfort and to help deal with his emotions. He relates well to the psalmist in Psalm 42. In life Zach, sometimes we question, "Where is God?" and feel like he has forsaken us. He has not. Indeed, He has not. He walks beside us in hardship and carries us through all trials. In His care, Zach, we will not lack. Hope in God! We will praise His name. We will remember the promises God has in store for us. This is a hope to remember!! He will work all things together for good! In time, we will remember these days of hope, and see that God helped us with temptations of despair. In this time, we hope to remember every minute of each day that God is good. He is faithful. We will trust Him.

Love,

Daddy

3 comments:

  1. Craig and Steph,

    Your strength is such a testimony. I can't say that I know how you feel and I can't possibly imagine the thoughts and feelings you have each moment. But I can say that we are praying for you and your words to little Zachary are so moving and have reminded me just how much God loves us and knows what is going to happen. We love you guys!

    Rachel Ellis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you continually, guys. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Craig and Stephanie,
    Scott and I are continuing to pray for all of you. I am SO encouraged to see you digging into the scriptures at this time of huge trial and testing of your faith. I know, at some point, we all face things in life that are incredibly hard, and I have to wonder, what will my reaction be? Will I have the faith to follow through on what I believe? It is so encouraging to see this faith in action in you. Being in the Word daily is essential!! It is so great to see how God is giving you grace for each day and HE WILL continue to do so!! He is faithful, not only to you both as parents, but as HIS children, and He will fulfill his plans for Zachary's life for His glory!! As we pray, we will continue to pray for your emotional and spiritual encouragement as well as wisdom to handle what comes your way each day. And JOY in the midst of trial. You have such a ministry opportunity at this time. People are watching...and you are pointing to Christ!! My mother's heart cannot imagine all the conflicting emotions, joys and strains, but I will lift you up to the God that understands EVERYTHING!! Love you!!
    Christina

    ReplyDelete